- How to add an album to the database ?
- I don't agree with the source that has been entered by another user
- Do's and don't when adding a release
How to add an album to the database ?
Please note that when adding a record to the database, you are adding a specific pressing of a given album.
In order to add a release :
- Go to the search page and fill the fileds. Tha album field is mandatory, which means that it is not possible to see all the albums of a given artist to choose from.
- Click the album title from the list to see all the vinyl versions of this particular album
- Pick the version you want to add. If the "plus sign" icon is not available, then this version is already in the databse. Click the arrow icon to see it and to add information. If the plus sign icon is available, click it to add the pressing
- Fill the form (see below) and validate. If the mandatory fields are all filled, the release will be added to the database and you will be redirected automatically to the album page.
Do's and don't when adding a release
If you'd like to add a release to the database, please keep in mnd the following :
- DO NOT GUESS, never ! No information is better than false information
- ALWAYS SHARE THE SOURCE where you found the information in the comment field. It can be a website, the hype sticker, a forum etc
- DO NOT RATE the sound of a pressing if you haven't listened to it yet. There's a specific option in the dropdown menu to specifiy that you haven't listened to it yet. You can still provide information about the mastering without having listened to this very pressing, as long as you share your source (see above).
- Again, if you are not sure about something, do not share : people here, you included probably, would like to get precise information, not suppositions.
I don't agree with the source that has been entered by another user
Awsome, two minds are better than one ! That's why you can vote and add information on a pressing that is already in the database. To do so, register/connect, go to the pressing page, and click the VOTE button : you'll be redirected to the "add a pressing" form to vote. That's all ;-)